13 January 2010

Not But Another Foot on the Road

As you can imagine from the title, there's little to say regarding the trip thus far. But I should say, the final destination is not Thunder Bay as I had originally stated. Tesla and me are actually going further, to a small town called Atikokan, two hours west of Thunder Bay, and a grand total of 1,538 kilometres from Barrie.

About the only thing of any interest for this trip so far has been one sight I caught about fifteen minutes north of North Bay. Tesla didn't catch it in time, but I saw it, large as life, and just as dangerous: a bull moose, sporting a very impressive rack. I thought I also saw a cougar in the middle of a small clearing along the side of the road about a half an hour later, but with us driving at 100 kph, it was there and gone before I really registered I had seen something. It was probably just a rock.

We had intended to push on to Hearst before bunking down for the night, but night fell just short of the half-way point, stopping us in Kapuskasing. It'll take us about an hour to reach Hearst tomorrow, then another 2 1/2 hours to reach the next spot of civilization, Longlac.

So, there it is. Probably by this time tomorrow night, we'll be at the new place, or close enough that we'll decide to push on. Unless the weather goes bad on us, of course; with such a small population base in the area, we're not risking anything. So, all of you who were messaging me, wishing me luck, saying you were worried about something happening, you needn't worry. As always, I'm alive and doing well.

Well, except for one thing. I don't know how the Brothers Winchester do it on 'Supernatural' but after nine hours in that damned Jetta, I've got the world's ever worst case of theatre ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment