11 January 2010

Wanted: Dead or Alive

This one's going to be kind of bittersweet. It's good news for me, because it's something I've been waiting for a while to see happen. It's bad news, because I know for guaranteed fact that there will be people out for blood.

I just got word that the move to Thunder Bay is an absolute certainty, and that I will be getting the electrical apprenticeship. The problem is, it's been scheduled for tomorrow. And there's no time to fit in a promised visit to Toronto to see such people as Andariel, Chrysalis, Gothika, or even anyone else.

I'm not even sure what Tesla's going to say to his boss, but it's almost certainly going to be a conversation that will not end well. As I'm only doing temp work at the moment, telling them I'm off to new parts won't be very difficult. Ridding myself of Barbatos is going to be just as hazardous, though something tells me I haven't heard the last of her. No, the only difficulty for me is going to be not being able to visit Toronto one more time before I go.

And yes, I've already asked Tesla about postponing it. And the answer, while sympathetic to the situation, could not be altered. So, there it is. This will still be more cash than I'm earning at the moment, which will give a better opportunity to fly down when I can. Yes, I said 'fly.' As in, board an airplane, and put myself several thousand feet off the ground. Those who know me will know I get nervous on a step ladder.

So no, this isn't going to be the end of the time any of us run into each other - just that next time is going to require a little more planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment